Terms and conditions
1. This Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom, France, Germany, the USA or Canada aged between 4 and 18, excluding the children of any employees of the Promoter, its agents and anyone professionally associated with this Promotion. Parent/guardian must enter on behalf of children under 18. You must ensure that you have permission from your parent/guardian before you enter.
2. Parent/guardian must enter on behalf of any children aged under 18. Written confirmation of permission and proof of parental/guardianship responsibility will be required from a parent/guardian before a winner can be declared. Winner communication will only be entered into with the parent/guardian of the winning child.
3. No purchase necessary; however, internet access and a valid email address are required.
4. Promotion Period: Enter between 00.01 GMT on the 2nd March 2020 and 23:59 BST on the 27th May 2020 inclusive.
5. To Enter: Entrants must visit the relevant website (detailed below in clause 6) to complete the online form, by providing their details (name of the parent/guardian, name and age of the child entering, email address of the parent/guardian and country of residence) and:
a. Upload a picture you have taken in nature
b. Tell us where the picture was taken
c. Tell us what you would like the name of your paint colour to be if you win be in order to be entered into the Competition.
6. Entry Websites:
a) For UK residents: http://www.farrow-ball.com/win
b) For German residents: http://www.farrow-ball/de/win
c) For French residents: http://www.farrow-ball/fr/win
d) For US/Canadian residents: http://www.farrow-ball/en-us/win
7. Maximum of 1 entry is permitted per email address during the Promotion Period.
8. The Prizes: 1 winner from each of the 4 named markets (UK, France, Germany, USA and Canada. USA and Canada will be one combined market) will each win a trip to the UK for themselves and one parent/guardian.
Prize includes:a. 10 litres of their own paint colour in a finish of their choice from Farrow and Ball's standard range of finishes created using the photo the winner uploaded on entry
b. Private breakfast event for all winners before museum opening hours at the Natural History Museum
c. A tour of the Farrow and Ball factory in Dorset
d. Accommodation in a 4* hotel based on a double occupancy
e. Transfers from London airport to hotel & back (maximum value of £100 per person)
f. Transfers from Natural History Museum to Farrow and Ball and return.
9. Further Prize Details and Conditions:
a. The trip to the UK is either 2 – 3 nights, dependant on where the winner is flying from.
b. Flights will be from the winner’s closest international airport to a London airport
c. If the winner is based in the UK, travel will be via train to London
d. The trip will occur between 20th July 2020 – 3rd August 2020. If winners wish to extend their trip at their own cost, this must be communicated to the Promoter with at least 6 weeks’ notice.
e. Winners and their parent/guardian must abide by any relevant terms and conditions set by the venue/s which form part of their prize. It is their responsibility to ensure that they take care when moving around the venue.
f. The winner’s parent/guardian is responsible for the behaviour of themselves and the winner whilst taking the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude the winner and/or their guests from participation in any aspect of the Prize if any party fails to comply with the directions of the Promoter or any companies associated with the Prize or if the winner and/or their guests act in a manner that is dangerous to themselves or to the public or is, in the opinion of the Promoter, anti-social in any manner or which causes a disturbance or nuisance to others. Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions may result in refused entry, or the ticket holders being required to leave the event/venue.
g. If the prize falls within school term time, the parent/guardians of the winner must provide the Promoter with proof that their school has agreed to allow them to attend the event. The winner’s school must send a formal email or letter to the Promoter stating that they agree to allow the guest to take up the prize. The letter or email must be received by the Promoter within one week of request. Failure to provide this information may result in the winner and/or guests forfeiting their prize.
h. Entrants must have consent from anyone featured in the photo before they enter the Promotion.
i. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not include travel/transportation, accommodation, food, beverages, souvenirs, gratuities, car parking charges, excess baggage, additional excursions and attractions or any other costs of a personal nature (including spending money) that are not explicitly set out in these Terms and Conditions and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the Prize will be responsible for any such costs.
j. The winner and their guest will require a passport valid for at least 6 months on date of travel; any necessary visas or travel insurance are the responsibility of the winner and their guest. In the event the winner or their guest are unable to travel due to visa or other personal circumstances, no alternative tickets will be issued, and no compensation or other prize will be provided.
k. The winner and their guest must travel together in both directions.
l. All elements of the prize package must be taken as part of the same trip.
m. The Prize will be forfeited if:
i. The Winner has not obtained all of the proper travel documents by the date specified by the Promoter.
ii. The Winner has any immigration complications which prevent them from entering, leaving or travelling within the UK; or
iii. The Winner has any medical, legal or any other reason that would prevent you from accepting and participating in the Prize.
n. It will be the winner’s and guest's responsibility to take out at their own cost all relevant insurance (including but not limited to health and travel insurance, insurance for theft, loss and damage to property) which may be required or prudent to be taken.
o. The winner will not be entitled to any compensation and will have no claim against the organisers if the holiday or any other event forming part of the prize is delayed, postponed, rescheduled or cancelled.
p. Winners and any guest are responsible for checking any travel advisories issued by a Government, to determine whether they wish to accept the risk of travelling to the destination. The Promoter will not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by any winner or their guest arising out of their failure to follow any travel advisories issued by a Government. The winner and their guest must comply with and are responsible for obtaining all information regarding any recommended inoculation and obtaining the inoculation(s) and health regulations required by any Prize destination country.
q. A valid credit or debit card will be required to check in to the room and will be used to guarantee any incidentals such as in- room calls or services.
r. The winner is solely responsible for any additional charges incurred at the hotel during their stay, including, without limitation, costs of meals, drinks, additional nights and services together with related taxes.
s. The winner must inform the Promoter of any wheelchair or any similar access needs.
t. The winner must inform the Promoter of any dietary requirements or allergens by 4 weeks prior to attending the event/restaurant.
u. Once tickets have been issued, they are only valid for flights, dates and times shown. No alternatives are available. Name changes to the flight once confirmed are not permitted.
v. If a winner would like to extend their trip to London, they must communicate this to the Promoter at the earliest possible point. Any additional fees will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
w. The winners and their guests must abide by and are subject to the Airline’s published Conditions of Carriage.
x. Frequent Flyer points cannot be accrued on the flight tickets. An upgrade cannot be purchased on these tickets with cash or Frequent Flyer points.
y. Entrants must not include any content that infringes or violates the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, ownership, copyrights, trademarks, patents, logos, licensing rights, rights of publicity or privacy or any other intellectual property rights, excluding that of the Promoter.
z. The Promoter will reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly.
aa. The Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the Prize as stated. The winner will be liable for all costs and expenses not stated relating to claiming the prize.
bb. Whilst Farrow and Ball technicians will take every care to replicate the colour from the winners submitted photo as faithfully as possible, neither Farrow and Ball nor any employee of Farrow and Ball shall be liable should the winner consider the Prize not to be an authentic match.
cc. Farrow and Ball do not promise that further quantities of the winning colour will be available above and beyond the Prize quantity or that it will be added to the company’s commercially available range of paints.
dd. Only apply paint in accordance with instructions provided by Farrow and Ball.
ee. Farrow and Ball will own all rights worldwide in the colour and the name of the paint.
10. By submitting an entry, each entrant hereby grants to the Promoter a non-revocable, worldwide, royalty-free licence to use the copyright and other intellectual property rights vesting in their entry for all purposes connected with this Promotion, including but not limited to display on the Promoter’s website and any other website of the Promoter or its agents/contractors choosing and use of the entry, or part(s) of the entry, in marketing materials relating to this Promotion for up to one year. Each entrant also grants the Promoter and its agents/contractors the right to moderate, modify or remove any entry if it is deemed unsuitable, in whole or in part, for display on the Promotion website or in any materials relating to the Promotion. Entrants hereby represent and warrant that they have all rights necessary to grant the licence and rights provided for in this paragraph and that all materials forming part of their entry to this Promotion, and any use of such materials by or on behalf of the Promoter, comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and do not infringe or otherwise violate the intellectual property or other rights of any third party.
11. Winner Selection: All valid entries received during the Promotion Period (subject to moderation) will be independently judged on a weekly basis throughout the Promotion Period. The process will be audited to ensure that judging is in line with all established criteria and compliancy requirements. 10 shortlisted entries per each of the four markets will be selected based on the following criteria:
a. Most unique source
b. Most fun/inventive name
c. Diversity and uniqueness in colour palette
The shortlisted entries will be judged by a panel of judges, within 7 working days from the close of the Promotion Period to select 4 winners based on the same criteria.
12. Winner Notification: Each winner will be contacted via the email provided on entry within 7 working days of Winner Selection and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the Prize, within 10 days of initial contact. In the event that a winner does not respond to the initial contact within 10 days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner. If a winner is disqualified, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond.
13. In the event that the winner is a US resident, they will be required to complete and return an IRS Form W-9 and furnish their social security number that will be used only for the purpose of reporting the Winner’s prize earnings to the Internal Revenue Service, as required by law. The winner and their guest will also need to complete a Travel Release form.
14. Prize Acceptance: Winners will be notified within 28 days of acceptance of the Prize to arrange fulfilment of the Prize. In the unlikely event that the winner doesn’t receive notification within 28 days of Prize Acceptance, the winners will have a further 28 days to inform the Promoter by emailing email@example.com. In the event that a winner does not inform the Promoter within this time frame, the Promoter will reserve the right to not reissue the prize or limit its value at their sole discretion.
15. Moderation: The Promoter reserves the right to reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
a. are in breach of the Terms and Conditions
b. have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly or are not the entrants own work
c. include the names, likenesses, photographs, or similar of any individual without their express permission.
d. contain any content that is offensive, obscene, sexual, derogatory, defamatory, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, which could reflect negatively upon the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner, or which is otherwise unsuitable for publication;
e. contains or refers to any third-party brand or reference any third-party names, logos and/or trademarks.
f. promotes any political agenda.
16. Provided no objection is received, the surname and county of the winner will be made available by the Promoter at www.farrow-ball.com/win one month after the close of the Promotion, for a period of 8 weeks. The winners may object to their surname or county of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced by the emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request.
17. The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason any element of the Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute another prize for it, of equal or greater value.
18. In the event that the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Terms & Conditions and to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion or invalidate any affected entries.
19. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to the entry-site.
20. The Promoter together with any associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using a Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
21. An entry must be made directly by the individual entering the Promotion. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means together with entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms & Conditions in full will be disqualified and will be not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the rules of the Promotion, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void. Entrants are not permitted to enter using anonymous email services such as, but not limited to, GuerillaMail, Dispostable or Mailinator.
22. Should an act, omission, event or circumstance occur which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms & Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
23. The Promoter may refuse to award a Prize in the event of any entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, breach or non-entitlement under these Terms & Conditions or seek recovery of its value if the Prizes have been awarded.
25. If any provisions of these Terms & Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
26. By entering this Promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
27. In the event of a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and the details in any promotional material, the details in the Terms & Conditions will prevail.
28. These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. French residents have the right to choose the jurisdiction in which any legal action is brought. This right is not limited.
Promoter: Farrow & Ball, Uddens Estate, Wimborne, Dorset BH21 7NL.