Modern Slavery Act - Transparency Statement
Farrow & Ball Limited is a manufacturer and distributor of premium paint and wallpaper with a head office and manufacturing based in Wimborne, Dorset. We are part of a group of companies with parent company, FB Ammonite Limited, registered in England and Wales. We export to and sell our products across the world. Our products are distributed both directly to our customers and indirectly via third parties.
Farrow & Ball recognises the importance of taking action to combat modern slavery and human trafficking. During our financial year to 31st December 2022, we will continue to assess this risk to workers in our business and supply chain and improve supply chain accountability. We are also committed to continuous improvement of our processes to tackle slavery and human trafficking.
We source goods, materials, and services, including the following, directly from suppliers:
- Goods and materials: Raw materials for paint and wallpaper; brushes, rollers, and other decorating products; primary and secondary product packaging and labelling; marketing and merchandising materials; uniform & personal protective equipment and office supplies.
- Services: Carriers and shipping, waste, recycling and environmental services, laboratory-related services, utilities, recruitment, IT, marketing, health & safety, professional and training services, cleaning, and maintenance.
We operate within the coatings industry sector, which is not identified as a high-risk sector for modern slavery. We are long standing members of the British Coatings Federation, the American Coatings Association, The Canadian Paint & Coatings Association, The Federation Industries Peintures Vernis Couleurs and The European Council of the Paint, Printing Ink and Artists' Colours Industry. We operate a strict supplier selection process and have a close knowledge of key suppliers with whom we have long-standing relationships. We source most of our goods and services from European Union and North American suppliers, regions in which modern slavery is not prevalent. However, we continue to recognise that certain goods & services and the countries from which they are sourced, may carry greater risk.
As part of our ongoing initiative to identify and mitigate potential risk of modern slavery, we have:
- Identified resources and support tools to develop processes to tackle slavery/human trafficking.
- Developed appropriate targeted training on the risks the business faces from modern slavery in its supply chains via our internal learning management system.
- We have an Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy.
- Employees are encouraged to raise concerns about any issue or suspicion of modern slavery in any parts of the business or supply chains of any supplier tier at the earliest possible stage. They can do this via their managers or confidentially as per our whistleblowing policy.
- We are accredited to ISO 45001:2018 Occupational health and safety management systems & ISO 14001:2015 Environmental management systems within which modern slavery is referenced.
- A Contractor Code of Conduct for maintenance and service requirements.
We intend to take the following further steps to combat slavery and human trafficking:
- Further align with Hempel, our new owners, Policies and Processes
- Continue to ensure the training in Modern Slavery has been completed by all relevant employees.
- This statement is made to comply with the transparency provision of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 (section 54(1)) and constitutes our slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ending 31st December 2021.
Signed for and on behalf of Farrow & Ball by
MD, Farrow & Ball Ltd.